The Summer Hikaru Died by Mokumokuren tells a beautiful but horrific story about what it means to lose someone while also having to adjust to a new version of that person. The story starts before the pages with a boy who went missing in the mountains of a rural town, eventually, he comes back, but something is not quite right. When Yoshiki asks if this entity is the real Hikaru, despite already having an inkling that he isn't, he accepts this new supernatural entity as a new version of his friend. It's almost the same as it was before, except this new Hikaru is experiencing things for the first time while the real Hikaru has already lived through the movie, and is eating his favorite foods. But not everything is great, old women, cats, and single mothers warn Yoshiki about the entity he is friends with, and his friend doesn't quite know how to react to everything. Beyond the plot, the story is captivating and both Hikaru and Yoshiki have compelling story arc...
I hate you I hate you I hate you but I don't know how I would live if you were not there fighting against me. I can't stand the sight of you but what would I do if I could never see you again. I hate that you know more about me than anyone should and that you are the only person I know will show up in my life. I hate that I know what your fists feel like against my skin and that I wonder what a gentle touch would feel like.
Comments
Post a Comment